Friday, March 29, 2013

Gunnar Roadie - A Nice Ride - "Sunny Afternoon"

Click on the photos to enlarge them.
 Poor ole' Joe with my Gunnar Roadie
It was a nice "Sunny Afternoon" today. The time was around six o'clock in the evening when I headed out for my ride. The temperature was mild and the sun was still shining bright. Traffic was light also. Just a nice evening to go for a ride.

Often my ride are into Davidson County. Traffic is lighter this direction, when riding from my house. I've been riding out this way for over twenty five years now. This ride was a little over thirty miles in length.

I have several different routes I enjoy riding, when I head out on my bike in this direction. Most of my rides always include a few miles on Fraternity Church Road.  My ride this evening took me to the Arcadia community of Davidson County, and then back into Forsyth County and Clemmons, NC on Hampton Road. 

Poor ole' Joe was glad to see me, once I got back in. He had knee surgery three weeks ago today. Recovery is tough for him. He doesn't like to just lay around. A short visit to the backyard was welcome relief for Poor ole' Joe.

Today's ride was especially nice. Lately it seems to be raining when I have enough time to ride my bike. Thank goodness for a "Sunny Afternoon!"

 The video above is riding out of town on Fraternity Church Road.
Music: "I rowed a little boat" by John Lee Hooker 

Cattle grazing in a pasture along Hampton Road in Davidson County, NC.



No comments:

Post a Comment