Friday, March 15, 2013

Gunnar Roadie - A Short Evening Ride - Hurry Sundown

Click on the photos to enlarge them
Poor ole' Joe is resting on his bed in the garage as I check my Gunnar Roadie before my ride.

Daylight savings time is now in effect, and I was finally able to slip out for a short ride this evening. I had to make it quick to get back in before sundown. 

Normally Poor ole' Joe hangs around in the backyard with me, while I pump up my tires and check my bike out. He's recovering from reconstructive knee surgery, which he had just a little more than a week ago. He seems to be doing as well as can be expected, but is frustrated because he can't run around in his backyard.

Friday afternoons and evenings are always a bad time to drive or ride a bicycle. Everyone is in a hurry to get where they are going and excited to get the weekend started. I have a back-road route worked out that cuts through a couple of neighborhoods and takes me to an industrial park. There's not much traffic in the industrial park after 5:00 PM, and especially on Fridays. 

This isn't my favorite type of ride, but it was nice to get in a short ride. Even if I had to hurry before sundown.

The video below is on a side street of the industrial park.
Music: Sundown by Wes Houle

Almost home before the sun sets.
The Outlaws perform "Hurry Sundown" in 1977.


No comments:

Post a Comment