Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lone Peak Packs - RP-350 Basic Rack Pack

Click on the photos to enlarge them
Front view of the Lone Peak Packs Basic Rack Pack

The Lone Peak Packs Basic Rack Pack is a great way to carry your lunch to work when commuting by bicycle. It is fully padded with foam to hold it's shape and for insulation. This rack top has a total capacity of 500 cubic inches. It's available in black, blue, red and steel colors. I was able to fit all my food in it for while I was at work with some room to spare. I didn't have a chance to eat all the food I had packed and at the end of the day it was still cool inside the pack. I mounted this one on the front rack of my bike instead of on top of the rear rack so as not to obstruct the view of the two red flashing lights attached to my seat post. I didn't notice any effect on the handling of my Surly Long Haul Trucker while riding to work.
Side view of the Loan Peak Packs Basic Rack Pack shows the side mesh pocket. There is one on each side.

This pack is held to the rack by four Velcro straps, two on each side of the pack. It's quick and easy to remove and has a carrying handle on top. This rack top pack makes a great lunch box once removed from the bike.
My Surly Long Haul Trucker loaded down with everything I can think of that I might want while at work.

Lone Peak Packs are manufactured by Lone Peak Design Ltd. in Salt Lake City, Utah. For more information call 1-800-777-7679. Click here to go to their web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment