Sunday, August 4, 2013

Commuting to work on my Surly Long Haul Trucker, finally a day without rain!

Click on the photo to enlarge it.
My Surly Long Haul Trucker loaded and ready for the commute to work.

We have had an amazing amount of rain during the spring and summer in North Carolina.  It has been very frustrating to plan recreational rides and even worse for folks like myself that enjoy commuting to work. 

Saturday was a beautiful day with almost no chance of rain during the hours I would be riding to and from work. 

I went for a fast twenty mile jaunt through the country just as soon as the sun came up. When I got back from my morning ride I loaded up my Surly Long Haul Trucker and headed on into work.

It always makes me feel wide awake when I arrive at work on my bike. I also enjoy the savings of leaving my car in the garage. Hopefully I will be able to do more commuting to work in the next few days. 

All this rain reminds me of a Creedence Clearwater Revival song - Who'll Stop The Rain. Below is a video of that song.



No comments:

Post a Comment