Monday, February 27, 2012

Riding for Pumpkin Muffins

Click on the photos to enlarge them.
Poor Ole' Joe inspecting my bike.

Today started off cloudy with a few scattered rain drops in the Winston-Salem, NC area. By afternoon the sun had come out and the temperature was in the 50s again. I headed out for my first ride on a bike with gears in over 3 months. I knew exactly where I was headed.
Winkler Bakery in Old Salem

I headed for Winkler Bakery in Old Salem. The Bakery was built in 1800. Click here for more information on the Winkler Bakery.
The bag and small front rack on the Gunnar Sport is perfect for hauling a half dozen Pumpkin Muffins.
I always feel justified in eating more when I am getting in some consistent riding. So, instead of hauling 6 pumpkin muffins in the bag on the front of the bike, I hauled 5 muffins. 
Looking up main street in Old Salem.

Old Salem is a perfect destination for an easy ride. Salem was founded in 1766 by the Moravians - A Protestant group of people that began in what is now known as the Czech Republic. It is a relaxing place to be and makes me feel like I just stepped back in time. For more information about Old Salem click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment