Monday, May 11, 2009

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE.......

..........and it's the Shimano Dura-Ace Electronic. I'm not one to shy away from technology, I like it. There are people who like to wait on the second or third generation product before they buy it to make sure all the kinks are worked out. Then there are people like me who don't do that. Most people I talk to aren't to enthused about the idea of electronic shifting. Then there are people like me who want to know how much it cost. There are people who think it just complicates things, why change a good thing? Cables are tried and true. Then there are people like me who think things can improve. Anyway, I digress.

To make a long story short. Rob Paynter is riding a Storck with Electronic Dura-Ace for the time being. He is thinking about buying it. I have read positive reviews on the shifting, but reading about it and using it are 2 completely different things. I don't use the same pedals as Rob so I only rode it around the parking lot, but that little time was enough to convince me that I need to start selling some plasma to raise money.

If you ever get a chance to test ride it you will most likely not be disappointed.

Erich didn't test ride it because he was afraid he might like it too much. I should have had that will power.

On to the pics.....





No comments:

Post a Comment