Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Surly Long Haul Trucker - Commuting To Work - Southern Culture On The Skids

Click on the photo to enlarge it
Poor ole' Joe is glad to see me at the end of my commute!

Today was a perfect day to commute to work by bicycle. This morning the temperature was around 50 degrees and then it warmed up to around 70 degrees for may evening ride.

The Surly Long Haul Trucker has hauled me back and forth to work many times without fail. It's been a work horse of a bike. I'm sure it's time to do a little maintenance on it. That's one of the things I'll do tomorrow.

I have always assumed it was just normal southern culture to wave or speak to folks that you meet. Or is that just a small town thing. I do it anyway and still consider it to be southern culture.   I always wave and speak to other cyclists I meet while riding to and from work. It always irritates me when the other cyclists completely ignore me as if I don't even exist. I wave and say hello just the same. Maybe I'm old fashion or it's just that I've lived in too many small towns over the years. On the way home I saw my friend Skip riding the other direction. As we met Skip and I greeted each other with a wave and a hello. That's the way it should be.  I just consider the ignoring cyclists to  be a sign of Southern Culture On The Skids!

There's a band from Chapel Hill, NC named Southern Culture On The Skids. In the video below they perform a song titled "Voodoo Cadillac" in their home town back in 2004.



No comments:

Post a Comment