Monday, May 15, 2017

Bianchi Infinito CV Review

Joe with the Bianchi Infinito CV
   After playing around with the fit and changing a few contact points on the Bianchi Infinito CV the bike now weighs in at 17 pounds. The only reason to replace any parts on this bike would be personal preference. The bike comes with a sharp looking Fizik Alliante saddle and a Bianchi Brand Reporta Corsa handlebar and bar tape. I replaced the saddle with my favorite Fizik Arione 00 saddle and FSA K-Force carbon handlebar. The bar tape I favor is Fizik Endurance 2.5mm tacky tape. I also added Speedplay Zero Stainless Steel pedals and a couple of Pro carbon fiber bottle cages. These are just items I like to use and make the bike feel like a couple of bikes I have been riding for several years. 

   During the fitting process I rode many laps around the neighborhood. This allows me to turn in my driveway and use tools in my garage to make adjustments and then ride some more to check out how the set up feels. I have a route that I have ridden for many years that is similar to riding a Criterium Race. One section is a long downhill into an off camber corner. The CounterVail used in the carbon fiber of this frame makes a huge differnce when cornering on the Bianchi. The reduction in vibration throughout the frame and fork are confidence inspiring. There are many "endurance bikes" out there. This bike is an Endurace Race Bike! 

   I swapped out the stem for different models and lengths several times and decided a Thomson X2 stem in a 120mm length put me in the most comfortable position. Bianchi's Infinito CV has a taller head tube than their extreme racing series of bikes. This makes it easy to fit most riders. For me having the stem almost slammed on this 53cm size bicycle works great. I am annxoius to spend more time on the bike to see how it performs. 

Click here for earlier post on the Bianchi Infinito CV.
Click here to visit the Bianchi USA website.
Fizik Arione 00 saddle
Thomson X2 Stem and FSA K-Force Carbon Compact Handlebar, Fizik Endurange Bar Tape

Bianchi Infinito CV

No comments:

Post a Comment