Friday, July 5, 2013

Thank goodness for early morning rides!

Click on the photos to enlarge them.

This morning I rode my Trek Madone 6.5
 
 
With all the afternoon thunderstorms we have had this year, early morning rides have been my best rides of all. The days are already getting shorter, so I have to ride quickly to get my twenty mile loop done in time to get to work.
 
I've been riding this loop for over twenty years now. There have been many houses, a hospital and a couple of schools built on it in the last few years. Traffic has increased significantly. One intersection, that used to be an easy crossroads out in the country, now has a stop light with many lanes going all directions.
 
One of my favorite parts of the ride is cutting through Tanglewood Park. You can be pretty confident that you will see a couple of deer each and every time you pass through the park. This morning I saw a spotted fawn grazing on the side of the road.
 
 
When I got to the road leading out of the back gate, I came across a tree fallen across the road. That shows just how much rain we have had this spring.
 
 
If I can get my morning ride in, I don't feel bad if I get rained out in the evening. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather in the morning!


The daily siteing of deer in Tanglewood Park.

A tree across the back way out of Tanglewood
 
Below is a video of an early morning ride in June on Harper Road outside of Clemmons, NC. The music is "I'm going home" by John Lee Hooker.


In the video below; The Black Crowes perform "My Morning Song"


No comments:

Post a Comment