Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My good friend Abner stopped by to visit me at Ken's Bike Shop today. Abner is an amazing cancer survivor.

Click on the photo to enlarge it.
Abner and I

  • Twenty one years ago I had a bad bicycle accident on the Shallowford Bridge. When I finally stopped sliding I was next to the guard rail. I had been sliding where there were a lot of broken beer bottles. I had a broken collar bone, numerous other injuries and was torn all to pieces.

    Abner came along in his blue Mitsibushi pick-up truck, and put me and my bicycle in his truck. He drove me to the emergency room at Forsyth Hospital and got a wheel chair. Once he got me in the wheel chair he quickly rolled me right into the emergency room. 

    It is always good to see Abner. I can never thank him enough for his kindness to me. I was a complete stranger to him at the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment