Sunday, February 24, 2013

Finally, a Sunday afternoon when all cyclists were glad to be able to say "Here Comes The Sun."

Today was the first really nice day to go for a bicycle ride in several weeks. The high temperature was around 60 and the skies were sunny. There was some wind, but that's OK. 

I rode to Lewisville from my house to join the group ride, that was leaving at 2:00 PM. There are many different groups that meet at the Lewisville,NC  Town Square. I arrived a little early and had time to say hello and visit with friends, that were there to ride their bikes. The group I had planned to ride with was gathering up. We had close to thirty riders today. 
The group I rode with gathering at the Lewisville Town Square.

We rode through the town of East Bend and made a loop through Yadkin county and rode back into Lewisville. 

Everyone was enjoying the sunshine and rode a little quicker than we usually do. The route was forty two miles in length. We rode it at an average speed of close to twenty one miles per hour. 

Back at the square I stopped to visit with the other riders and rode on in.

It sure was nice to have a warm sunny afternoon to go for a ride!

The video below is the group riding into East Bend, NC on Flint Hill Road.
Music by: Lightnin' Hopkins "Tell Me"

Poor ole' Joe kept me company while I cleaned my bike after the ride.
The video below is the Beatles song "Here comes the sun."
"Here Comes the Sun" is a song written by George Harrison from the Beatles' 1969 album Abbey Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment