Sunday, July 15, 2012

A trip to the Giordana Velodrome in Rock Hill, SC

Click on the photos to enlarge them
A group of riders riding in a paceline on the Giordana Velodrome. The Rider that is higher up on the banking has just pulled off the front of the line and is drifting back to drop in at the end of the paceline.

Despite the heat today I had to take advantage of a chance to ride on the Giordana Velodrome in Rock Hill, S.C. There were several riders on the track riding when I arrived. Two groups had separate pacelines going and other riders were doing solo efforts along the measurement line at the bottom of the track. I was glad to see my friend Greg Curtis was there at the track today. Greg and I met while riding on the velodrome and hit it off right away. There was a group of nice guys that came up from Jacksonville, Florida to ride on the track and one athlete that was preparing for the 2012 Olympics! I had a great time and hope to make back to the Velodrome again in the near future. 
Here I am at the track.
Greg Curtis with his bike sporting some new wheels!
Greg was doing some Kilo practices on the track. In this photo he is high on the banking. Before he starts his Kilo he will get up to speed by dropping down the banking to the bottom of the track. This is a 250 meter track, so a Kilo is 4 laps.
Greg is now at the measurement line and going all out.
Poor ole' Joe supervised as I cleaned up my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment