Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Nice Day To Go For A Ride On The Path Racer

Click on the photos to enlarge them.
Path Racer
 A Path Racer is a bike with track drop-outs that is dual purpose for both road and track racing, angles not quite as steep and bottom bracket lower than a pure path (track bike). Normally has the front fork crown drilled for a brake. Can also be built with mudguard clearances and mudguard eyes.

The weather was unusually mild today and I was fortunate enough to get out for a ride of approximately 35 miles. I rode my "Path Racer". This is a bike similar to the bikes that were popular in the UK before World War II. It has fenders and is fixed.(A fixed-gear bicycle (or fixed-wheel bicycle, sometimes known as a fixie) is a bicycle that has no freewheel, meaning it cannot coast, as the pedals are always in motion when the bicycle is moving.
The sprocket, or cog, is threaded or bolted directly to a fixed rear hub. When the rear wheel turns, the pedals turn in the same direction.)
I was glad I had the classic seat bag on this bike today. I was able to stow a jacket, my camera, cell phone and some tools in it. A great day for a ride!
These photos were taken leaning up against a fence on, NASCAR team owner,  Richard Childress's property on the side of Hampton Road in Davidson County, NC. The cows in the background also belong to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment