Monday, July 25, 2011

River Park Group Ride 7/25/11


Click on the photos to enlarge them
Edmond leading the group.
I rode with the "River Park Group" today. This group leaves from the Old 421 River Park on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8:30 A.M. The ride distance is normally around 40 miles at a pace of 16.5+ average miles per hour. Today's ride was approximately 37 miles in length at the normal speeds. We had a fun ride! Thanks again to Edmond the ride leader for all he does. 

I rode to and from the ride to get in a little extra mileage. Traffic was a bear today. I was already cutting it close on the way to the ride, when I got stuck at a busy traffic light for three light changes. As I was sitting at the light I saw my friend Clarence go through the intersection in his car with his bike on top. I knew he was headed to the ride. When I finally got to the River Park the group had left. Clarence was there and we worked together, drafting off of each other, to catch the group. It's good to have great friends like Clarence. Thanks Clarence.
Clarence and I working together to catch the group.
Music: Key To The Highway by Blues Beckoning


Catching up to the group.
Music: Lighting Blues by Lightnin' Hopkins

Unfortunately I didn't catch this rider's name.
Clarence
Gina
Another photo of Edmond leading the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment